Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A hairy affair

Well as you can see by the pics I’ve changed my hair ‘style’. Special thanks to “Kiersten Styling” for their talented staff and friendly service (complete with a kiss too). I had been thinking about doing this for a while and finally decided that while we were in Provence working for Trek Travel would be as good a time as any to lop it off. I thought of sticking with the mo-mullet (cross between a mowhawk and a mullet), but with my bald spot it looked more like the dotted line in the center of a highway…..so it all came off.

The Future??

So now that I’m unemployed, what does the future bring? Well I’m not really too sure about that. I’m busy applying for some long-term things (ie business schools, a couple of jobs that will take about 1 year to make it through the hiring process). Basically I’m going to treat the next 6-12 months as a transition time where I try to figure out what I want to do in the future – I’m not worried about picking up a ‘career’ job right away, but rather I’d like to think about what’s really important for me in the next 5-years and also a more long-term plan of where I want to be in 10, 15, and 20 years. As always with my plans they’ll be flexible, but it will be nice to have an idea and some more direction in the long-term.

Am I worried about the future? Heck no! I’m actually really happy to have the freedom to pursue whatever path I deem the most important. I can’t remember the exact quote, but there’s one from Mark Twain about setting sail from the familiar harbour, getting out on the open sea, and finding what you can with freedom. Although I can’t remember the exact words, the meaning of the quote has always been with me and I use this as a guiding light for the next phase of my life.
Kiersten and I are having a great time together – that’s a wonderful start for this next phase :o))))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home