Sunday, November 19, 2006

No Reason for an update, but you get one

Well it's been a while since I've written an update. Seems like I've been saying that a lot recently, and I think I know why. Things for me have been totally changing since my 30th birthday - everything is totally up in the air now! Some of the pieces are already falling into place, but there are some big ones that are still completely undecided right now:

JOB = totally changing roles, I'll no longer be based in the Netherlands, and I won't be full time. More to come on this soon I hope.

APARTMENT = moving out, but the question is when? I still don't have my new role hammered out yet, so I'm not sure WHEN I'll be moving from NL. Where will I move to? HA - that's even more uncertain than WHEN I'll be moving. I'll let you know when I know more.

GIRLFRIEND = moving to Europe in 1 week (absolutely wonderful :o), but it's going to be a huge step. So where to live? THAT'S the question of the month!

CYCLING = I'm no longer going to be chasing my dream of being in the peloton, and I'm totally ok with that.

I've been living my life like a Choose Your Own Adventure book - if/when something comes into my life I have a choice, and I always look at what I have and where I'm going and decide if I want to change my course or not based on this new thing (in this case a person) in my life. I'm happy to say that Kiersten is going to be a wonderful influence on my life, and I really want to spend time with her and share things with her - travel, work, play, living. I've thought about it a lot, and I know that training and racing is extremely demanding on a relationship, and I'm not willing to put this relationship in the back seat while I pursue a racing pipe dream. I want to focus my energy and devote my time to enjoying the feelings I have for Kiersten.

I'm still going to ride tonnes (she likes riding too - that rocks!), and I'll do more fun rides like Les Marmottes and Marathon Dolomities and other rides. Oh yeah, I might be doing an epic 183km trail run around Mont Blanc - in 1 day! But I haven't totally been convinced of that one yet (keep working away at me Sean......).

Anyway, those are some random Sunday night thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home