Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What the???

You know, it always strikes me as amusing/scary about how the media can influence the publics perception of an event. Take this article as an example.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/08/16/plane-diverted.html

In the second paragrah, you think nothing of it - I can totally relate to how the passenger might have felt and I can almost see the scene unfolding.

In the fourth paragraph the reader is introduced to a completely new possibility. Where the fuck those items came from, or the REPORT refering to those items, I'll never know.

But the point is - which report will the media choose to publish? The right one? Yeah right - just watch Fox news and you'll be exposed to the 'right' report. I have very little faith in news reports from one source.

Anyway - good ramblings, eh?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home