Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some photo's from Tour Alsace

I found some better photo's of the Jan van Arkel/Rabobank team at the Tour Alsace - they're posted now on the clubs website. In addition, the club posted my blog story about the stage race - you can read it there (they've edited out parts of it and censored others.......what happened to the right to free speach??!?! - kidding!).

http://www.janvanarckel.nl/
- for the photo's go to the story "Elite - alle foto's van de Tour d'Alsace", you can see all the photos there. Some pretty good ones too - I'm in a couple of them :o)
- for the blog post go to "Elite - Andrew Davison over zijn Tour d'Alsace"

Fun stuff!

In addition, there was a race on Monday night - 80km on an 800m track with some cobblestones. The race started at 19:30, which meant we were finishing JUST as it was getting dark, so the timing was perfect. It sucked when it started raining 1/2 way through the race though :o( I was doing fine until this point, when my left wrist started seizing up in the rain/cold (from my injury when I did the Paris-Roubaix). Unfortunately I had to drop out of the race, but somehow I was still in the money - once we'd made it more than 60km they considered everyone finishing. I was the 28th rider (out of 80 starters), so now I've got to go collect my price money :o))))) It's too bad about dropping out though - it was the best I've felt in a while, and it was actually a really fun race!

Anyway......no, those aren't pics of a Trek Travel van at the Tour d'Alsace......why do you ask?? :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home