Friday, July 21, 2006

Wow

Huh - funny how things change - sometimes it rains, sometimes it pours. And sometimes there's sunny patches and sometimes you're blinded by the light. Definitely blinded right now - here's a quick summary:
- awesome visit with my sis in Chamonix (short, but stellar - hopefully pics to come this weekend)
- fun time at the TdF with Trek Travel - seeing the gang, showing the guests a good time - brilliant
- some epic riding (ran into Chris Carmichael at the top of Col de la Croix de Fer where he was epically bonked and mowing down on Mars bars and chips!) - more to come later
- riding with Lance and Jake Gllynindal (spl??? - the dude who's going to play Lance in the "Lance movie", yet to be titled) whom I pushed up the hill so he could beat Lance back to the hotel (sweet - in return for that favour I'm going to hit him up to see if I can be a cycling extra in the movie :o)
- found out that same night that my club is going to a big race in France next week and they want me (and my climbing legs!) to be there. The last stage finishes on the Ballon d'Alsace, which the Tour has visited a few times. It's the Tour Alsace, 5 stages in 4 days, and full of some pretty stacked teams. Check out the site - follow "La Course" and then "Les Equipes", I'm with the Team Westland-Rabobank, Pays-Bas (unfortunately the link doesn't work, but whatever). Typical French website though - crazy organization (lack of), and doesn't flow at all :o) This race is huge - it's going to be unbelieveable!!!!!! I'm getting nervous already!!!! http://www.agence-aujourdhui.fr/touralsace/2006/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home